Get alarmed when your laptop battery reaches critical low battery level on vista

I have been using my tx 1000 hp laptop for a year now, It has been an amazing experience working with it, but I have been always annoyed by the low battery notification in vista.
When ever my laptop battery reaches to a critical low level it does not sound me an alarm rather it shows a pop up ( a balloon tip ) which indicates the low battery and normally I don’t pay attention this warning, and after some times windows hibernate the laptop automatically which I have configured myself so that I don’t loose my data and opened programs.
I would prefer to setup my windows to use the windows low battery alarm system to sound an alarm, when it shows the low battery notification so that I can let .
Let’s see how can we setup and alarm in windows vista at the time of critical battery notification.
You will need to configure select the critical battery alarm through sounds in control panel.
1. Open Start >> Control Panel >> Sound

2. Now Click on Sounds tab in Sound properties.

3. Download this alarm sound file from here and place in a separate folder, Click on the browse button and locate the downloaded alarm file.
4. Click Test button to listen to the alarm sound, and click OK
Now when ever your laptop reaches low battery level it will sound the loud alarm before it hibernates or shutdown.

We hope you like this tweak, let us know your thoughts about the tweak through comments

0 Responses to "Get alarmed when your laptop battery reaches critical low battery level on vista"

Post a Comment